I know a little girl who has a book which opens back on itself to form a tree-house dollhouse. (more…)
This amazing website all about making and doing has a lovely example of do-it-yourself dollhouse decoration for children! (more…)
How’s YOUR fairy garden coming along? Have you been toying with the idea? (more…)
Light up your life with FREE lighting when you buy a dollhouse during July. (more…)
Traditionally, dollhouses in the US and Canada have been open at the back with no back panel. (more…)
Here are a few hints and tips to help you with your next dollhouse project, focusing on wallpapering.
- Paint your ceilings before you start wallpapering
- Measure your room carefully to find out how many sheets of paper you need – remember sheet sizes can vary.
- You might want to buy an extra sheet of wallpaper in case you make a mistake.
- If wallpaper is creased, gently apply a warm iron to the reverse before using – this will make the application much easier.
- Make sure all of your walls are clean so you do not wallpaper over any bits of dust or dirt.
- Pretty wrapping paper can make unusual dollhouse wallpaper.
- Vertical wallpaper will make a room look taller.
- Ordinary wallpaper paste is ideal for decorating your dolls’ house – but do remember that dolls’ house wallpapers are much thinner than real ones so you will need to be careful with the amount of paste you use
Enjoy your dollhouse!